Trifest France 2020 has been Rescheduled

If you have booked accommodation for Trifest France 2020 then please read the whole article, because unfortunately we have had to reschedule the Trifest France event in the South-East of France. This is due to the situation with Coronavirus in Europe and going on the latest advice from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.

With the Covid-19 situation worldwide evolving continuously, the FCO has updated its guidance to extend its non-essential travel ban for an “indefinite period”. From this and other news it is becoming increasingly clear that social distancing measures and restrictions on travel are likely to be in place for at least the next three months, and possibly much longer.

Even when FCO restrictions are lifted it is not unreasonable to expect lasting effects from the current pandemic as well as the possibility of restrictions being re-imposed at short notice.

We take our responsibility as organisers of this event seriously at the TOMCC and we are not comfortable exposing anyone to this potential situation.

We have therefore taken the very difficult decision to postpone the TRIFEST Rally in France, September 2020 and reschedule to September 2021. We consider this is the only realistic approach with the rapidly escalating situation across the globe. We appreciate that you have paid a deposit for your accommodation directly with VacanSoleil / Iris Parks (in Holland) or with the Camping Park. At the moment, this is not refundable as there is nothing to say that the camping park is not going to be open. French legislation has however been put in place to protect both small businesses and customers. Should the Camping Park be closed in September, you will be credited with a voucher which is valid for up to 18 months.

VacanSoleil have also made the statements below:

"Although deposits are non-refundable VacanSoleil are offering a voucher to the value of the deposits for use in all of 2021. At the moment however this is issued  only if 28 days before your arrival date your destination is still in a negative travel zone/or clients are unable to travel due to local restrictions."

"Separately balance due dates are now pushed back to 4 weeks before holiday start date."

Those who have booked directly with the campsite or with Iris Park (Holland) will have to contact them directly but, I am sure they will work on the same principle. Accommodation booked en-route or the extension of your stay in France should also fall under the same legislation. Another avenue to retrieve your deposits may be through your insurance cover under travel disruption if this is part of your travel policy. Again, you will have to wait until either the UK Government or the French Government has made a decision regarding foreign travel and what is going to be open in September but, if it is not going to be possible for you to get to France due to restrictions, you should be covered.

Actual dates for the rally next year will be published in due course.

Nick Dawson and TOMCC Committee.